Wondering how to use a turkey air fryer? Well, look for no more because here are 5 tips to help you with it!
Are you preparing for Thanksgiving dinner or a housewarming party dish or a barbeque weekend? Well, what will be better than some lip-smacking delights to make your party superhit?
Well, it’s always easier said than done. Preparing lip-smacking dishes and flaunting your cooking skills in front of your friends and family is everyone’s wish, but not everyone can do so. Preparing good food includes a lot of responsibility, work, and a lot of cleaning. But these challenges cannot put an end to your dreams of getting a delicious homemade dinner. And when these things are made healthily with an air fryer, the dreams become surreal.
Here are some air fryer reviews and tips on how to use an air fryer.
How does turkey air fryer work:
Most of you will be thinking if the air fryer fries everything. So, the answer is a ‘NO’, air fryers are not deep fryers. Air fryers are a box full of heated air which makes them a suitable match for cooking your food evenly and healthy. The working procedure matches a convection oven, but it is not exactly a convection oven.
Air fryer vs convection oven:
Although an air fryer works on the principle of a convection oven, it is still different from one.
● Both air fryer and convection oven, have fans installed inside them which helps them to circulate the heated air and cook the food evenly. But, Air fryer has a basket inserted in it which also helps the base of the food to be cooked, and here the convection oven lags as it doesn’t contain a basket.
● It circulates the air more rapidly compared to a convection oven and hence, the turkey air fryer cooking times are much less than a convection oven.
● It is comparatively smaller than a convection oven which makes it a little less convenient for making dishes like turkey.
5 tips to use a turkey air fryer:
Shaking and overturning food timely:
● Even though an air fryer has fans which help it to circulate the heat evenly, you still need to overturn the food from time to time. So that the food is not overcooked or undercooked from anywhere, for example, if you are making air fryer french fries, then this process will make sure that the air fryer french fries don’t compress.
Avoid brimming up the air fryer:
● Make sure you don’t overstuff the food inside it as it will not let the heat distribute evenly and your food will not be as crispy as you wanted it to be.
Add a hint of oil:
● Adding just a bit of oil to the food will make sure that the food doesn’t stick to the basket of the air fryer.
Dry your food:
● If food is marinated, then make sure to take out the excess water since it will create extra smoke and sputtering of water droplets. Also, it can damage your product.
Learn another use of Air fryer:
● An air fryer is not just for frying but for also preparing healthy and tasty dishes with the help of other methods like roasting, grilling and baking.
Air fryer quick recipes:
There are several dishes which can be prepared within minutes with the help of this amazing product.
Air fryer french fries:
● Peel and cut 2 potatoes and add a hint of oil and salt and keep it in the basket. Pull out the basket to toss and stir the potatoes every 5 minutes. Make sure each slice of potato is cooked well.
Air fryer fried chicken:
● Put the chicken wings in the basket of the air fryer and add some oil. Cook until the chicken wings turn brown and make sure you pull out the basket to toss and stir the wings.
Air fryer pizza:
● Arrange your pizza dough and put it into the air fryer basket. Add your favourite toppings and let the pizza cook at 375 degrees F for 7 minutes at least or until the crust becomes brown. Let the pizza get cooled, and now it is ready to eat.
Air fryer vegetables:
● Place your favourite veggies in the air fryer basket and spray some oil above it. Now cook it for 10 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees F or until the vegetables become brown.
Air fryer turkey:
● Although it is not that much quicker to prepare since it is the most searched thing on the internet, we would like to throw some light on turkey air fryer instructions. And yes it is possible to prepare a whole turkey in an air fryer provided you have a bigger one.
● Turkeys stand for holiday dinner. Preparing a turkey is a very tedious job, and it is full of mess. To deep-fry a whole turkey you need 5-6 gallons of oil and a full day excluding the tons of cleaning work afterwards.
● Air fryers make this tedious job an easy-to-go thing. It fries the turkey and gives the result exactly as a deep-fried turkey. The preparation of turkey is quick, and the result is juicy, moist, and delicious. So, now you can have your favourite Thanksgiving meal every week without investing a day in it.
● Also, it saves you from a lot of fat which you will get after eating a deep-fried turkey.
● It saves you from the tedious cleaning work as well. You just have to wipe this kitchen appliance, and you are set to use it again.
After reading all the given points above, you can conclude about the convenience and utility according to your own needs. You may need it, or you may not. But if you are a food lover but you don’t have enough time to cook, this product is going to be your BFF. Also, if you are a fan of frozen food, then, the air fryer will save your time as well as energy compared to a convection oven, and you will get nearly identical results.
You won’t have to compromise on taste, and family dinners will be as merry as before. The only thing that is going to change is that the turkey is going to be less-oily; in fact, it will have a negligible amount of oil. Same old dishes, but with a healthy twist. What else could you ask for?
If you have a tip that we may have missed out on, do let us know in the comment section below.
We would love to know about it.
Nellie Rodriguez is the general manager of a 5-star restaurant in New York. She started working as a sous-chef and transitioned to management to apply her analytical and organizational skills for the betterment of the restaurant’s day-to-day operations. She’s passionate about cooking, and she shares her wisdom through guest authoring articles on the latest and greatest kitchen gadgets on various cooking blogs and kitchen appliance review sites.
Leave a Comment