Crowns have been around for quite some time. They are a type of restoration procedure that has been around since Egyptian civilization. However, they are more commonly known as teeth implants these days.
The teeth can become weak and fall out due to several reasons. And that is why teeth implants are one of the most important pieces of dental work.
Getting a teeth implant is a decision you need to take seriously, especially if you have serious damage to your tooth. For instance, if you have a deep hole in your tooth, teeth implants are the best option after filling it. They can help you get back your smile by restoring your teeth.
Several dental services do implant for patients with a damaged tooth. However, before getting dental crowns in Plantation Fl, you should learn about the types and benefits to help you make better decisions.
Five Types of Dental Crowns
There are several types of dental crowns – each one of them with a different implant procedure, cost, and material. However, this section will focus on five major types of implants.
1. Gold Crowns
These tooth implants are composed of metals like copper and nickel. However, they are one of the most durable dental implants, yet they are not a popular choice amongst patients. This is because of their aesthetics and color.
Benefits of Gold Tooth Implants
- They are highly resistant and strong
- They are long-lasting and durable, especially with proper care
- They are like the natural enamel
- Implanting usually takes removing less fraction of the tooth.
- Some patients are allergic to it due to its metallic alloys.
- They have poor aesthetics.
2. Porcelain Crowns
These are one of the most used teeth implants. And they are completely made from porcelain.
Advantages of Porcelain Crowns
- Unlike gold implants, they do not have any metallic components and are biocompatible.
- They are less toxic
- They are one of the best options for restoring the front teeth.
- They require proper care to last longer
- They are more expensive than most implants.
PFM (Porcelain Fused-to-metal) implants are another popular tooth implant. As a huge competitor to the metal crowns, they combine both strength and aesthetics.
Advantages of PFM
- They are more durable and aesthetic than most crowns
- They are not as expensive as porcelain implants
- They have been in use for more than 50 years and have shown good results.
- They contain a metallic component that is capable of causing grey lines around the gumline
- Though they are durable, they still require proper care. Else, it can wear down easily.
4. Zirconia Crowns
As time goes by, humans advance and make new improvements. Zirconium is one of the newest introductions in dental care. The material combines both the aesthetics of the all-porcelain crowns with the toughness of metals.
Today, people often choose layered zirconia and translucent zirconia for their dental implants. You can read this article to learn more about zirconia crowns.
Benefits of Zirconia Crown
- They provide one of the best aesthetics
- Zirconia implants are durable and do not break easily
- Implanting it takes less time and effort, unlike some other options
- They are metal-free, which makes them biocompatible
- They might not wear down because of their strength. But, regularly biting it against a tooth can wear down that tooth.
- You might face trouble trying to adjust it.
5. E-MAX Crowns
This is the most current tooth implant in dentistry. And it is made of thin lithium disilicate. Below are a few benefits and disadvantages of E-MAX.
Benefits of Having E-Max Tooth Implant
- They have great aesthetics
- They can fit both back and front teeth
- They are very strong and durable
- They are expensive to purchase
- They are new and do not have many records of success, unlike PFM
- They are not very successful when using them for multiple units.
General Benefits of Using Crowns
Teeth implants are one of the most effective ways to repair a damaged tooth. Also, they have some advantages to your dental health. Below are some of them:
Having a damaged tooth can be discomforting and annoying in most cases. And depending on the degree of the damage, you might need to fill them. However, a covering is vital after solving the main issue. So, using a teeth implant can help protect your teeth against more damage and lessen sensitivity.
Restore The Appearance Of Your Teeth
Crowns are designed to restore damaged teeth. However, they also provide some cosmetic benefits. For instance, covering a discolored, cracked, missing tooth, or fractured tooth with a teeth implant can make them appear good as new.
There are several causes of tooth damage. And in some cases, it is due to intense temperature and pressure applied to it, like drinking cold water or eating hot food. Also, accumulated germs due to poor brushing habits can cause tooth decay.
A damaged tooth can be fixed using several methods. However, a crown is necessary to prevent more damage after solving the underlying issue. So, understanding the types of teeth implants, their benefits, and their disadvantages can help you make the right choice.